I didn't think the torture scenes were too bad. And I think Bin Laden would be rolling over in his grave if he knew it was a woman that found him and was the driving force behind his death! Oh and I don't know how accurate the actual mission to capture/kill him was, but I loved watching the portrayal. Seal Team Six was HOT! Two thumbs up!
2. I tried out this hot new place Rise in Durham. I had heard a lot of buzz about it and a lot of people had experienced 30 min.+ wait times just to order. We went Monday for lunch and it wasn't too busy at all. There were two of us and we each ordered a biscuit and a donut and split everything. It was all yummy!
From front to back: Fried Chicken Biscuit, Peanut Butter Cup Donut, Myer Lemon Bomb donut, Apple Braised Pork biscuit
3. I listened to this sermon on how God made Eve to be a helper for Adam. In it the pastor talks about how men and women interact in the workplace and how a lot of relationships and affairs happen in the workplace because when women and men are working together this reflects God's original design. It makes sense to me because I do think when you are spending so much time together and working as a team it can form bonds and cause attraction. Thoughts?
4. I am loving The Bachelor! But is it just me or does Sean seem too perfect sometimes? I gave in and looked at the spoilers at who supposedly wins. I can tell you she would not even be on my radar if it weren't for seeing that. Here are my favorites right now:
AshLee- but really? how can you make a living as a personal organizer?
Lindsay- I know she was a little coo-coo for wearing the wedding dress, but I like her and she's from NC!
Lesley- I loved her awkwardness with Sean during her 1-on-1 time because that would totally be me!
I also really like Kaci B. (although I don't think she is really out of the "friend zone") and Sarah (but I think she could find a better match than Sean. She wants someone more exciting than him I think.)
5. I just got my first paycheck of 2013 and I want to cry. I spent months working on my 2013 budget and now I have to figure out how to cut $80/month out of it. I seriously hate taxes.
6. I didn't think I would, but I am totally loving this Mark of the Lion series I am reading. A friend had let me borrow the first book and last night I just ordered the whole series from Amazon because I think this series will end up being one of my all time favorites!
7. Apparently Scotty McCreery came to our church on Sunday. I did not see him because I go on Saturday nights. Our campus pastor wrote a blog post about how to respond when a celebrity comes to your church. I'm kind of glad I wasn't there because I probably would have been one of those to point, stare and whisper with my friends. Who knows? The closest I've ever come to a celebrity was one summer the guy that played Minkus from Boy Meets World came to work where I worked. It was right when One Tree Hill had just come on the air so he wasn't too famous for being "Mouth" yet. His dad worked there and he was on break from Wake Forrest that summer. I actually had to train him and acted totally normal, but that didn't mean the day before I wasn't pointing and staring and whispering with my friends.
8. I need a maid. But that will not happen anytime soon. (see #5)
9. I feel very blah and "stuck" lately. Frustrated. I can't seem to get myself out of this general funk.
10. Yesterday we had most of my team and a bunch of people from Worldwide Marketing in a room at work testing some new webpages we are getting ready to launch. One of the guys in the room said "this is definitely Susan in this video." and people started joking about "was I moonlighting as an actress??" Of course my heart dropped and I was scared to see what this girl looked like. Do you guys kind of freak out when people say you look like someone? The video is below and I do see some resemblance but that girl is way skinnier, younger, and prettier than me. I said "Haha yeah maybe me when I was 16!"
Sorry for the randomness today, but it's been kind of a random month so far.